Selection of Astana as the capital of EXPO 2017 is a milestone in the history of young Kazakhstan. This is a key national project that unites all people of Kazakhstan and gives our country a unique opportunity to become renowned all around the world.
– Five million domestic and international visitors are expected at EXPO, a key indicator of its success.
– 100 member-countries, as well as large global companies and international organizations will attend the event.
– EXPO 2017 allows a dynamically developing country to contribute to promoting the theme of “Future Energy”.
Goals and Objectives
The mission of EXPO 2017 Astana is to create a lasting socioeconomic legacy by generating thought leadership, debate, and a renewed sense of responsibility among citizens of the world about global energy challenges.
The vision of EXPO 2017 – future energy solutions are necessary to help offset depleting fossil fuels, as well as to tackle climate change. And we must look at future energy problems and solutions from a common, global viewpoint.
In 2017, Astana will become the world’s greatest stage: activities during the EXPO International Specialized Exhibition will help to make EXPO 2017 an unforgettable experience for every visitor.
– Sound entertainment program during EXPO;
– More than 3000 shows: EXPO 2017 will become the world stage for major musical events
– Other recreational activities devoted to decorative arts, cinema and theater.
Social and economic development
With the help of EXPO 2017, we hope to establish a long-term social and economic legacy for the people of Astana and Kazakhstan, as follows:
– Development of Kazakhstan’s economy: the transition of Kazakhstan towards a green economy, increasing the amount of investment in new and promising projects, the growth of small and medium-sized businesses, and the creation of new jobs;
– Development of infrastructure: afteruse of EXPO facilities and urban infrastructure developed for the exhibition (buildings, roads, hotels, etc.);
– Development of tourism at national and international level: the main inflow of tourists (85%) is expected from Astana and other regions of Kazakhstan.
“Future Energy” Theme
The theme of EXPO 2017 “Future Energy” is dedicated to energy challenges of the XXI century:
– energy security and distribution of natural resources;
– open access to energy and equal opportunities for economic development of all nations;
– rational use of energy resources;
– environmental pollution;
– global warming and climate change;